OUTCOME BASED EDUCATION
Vision of the University
To become world class educational and research institute and contribute effectively towards building up indigenous and technological capabilities for sustainable socio-economical development.
Mission of the University
To equip our undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students with advance knowledge through collaborative opportunities emerged from linkages with academia, industry and government.
Vision of the Department
The department intends to provide quality education in order to produce global leaders in the field of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
Mission of the Program
The program mission is to produce engineering graduates of metallurgy and materials, who become pillars and market leaders of the related industries through their expert knowledge and problem solving attributes with sustainability approach and professional attitude.
Description of Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-1 Excel in the field of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering with adequate knowledge and technical skills considering sustainability aspects.
PEO-2 Contribute in solving the complex engineering problems and be in a leading position due to their acquired professional attributes.
PEO-3 Partake effectively for the development of society utilizing strong ethical values, communication and interpersonal skills.
Alignment of PEOs with University’s Vision and Mission
Alignment of PEOs with BE Department’s Vision and Mission
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
1) Engineering Knowledge An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2) Problem Analysis An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3) Design/Development of Solutions An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4) Investigation An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
5) Modern Tool Usage An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6) The Engineer and Society An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
7) Environment and Sustainability An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8) Ethics Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
9) Individual and Teamwork An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
10) Communication An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Project Management An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
12) Lifelong Learning An ability to recognize importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.